St Vincent’s school, asansol has a history of serving the society in the field of education with compassion. A learning centre where we believe “if a child can’t learn the way you teach, then teach him in a way he can learn”.A child is capable of doing better with appropriate help provided at the earliest.
Often we see there are some students who are unable to cope with the normal classroom situation. In learning centre we take care of these students. A child with learning difficulties may have a combination of difficulties in one or more of the learning areas”
- Reading comprehension
- Reasoning skills
- Arithmetic calculations and concepts
- Other difficulties that may be noted. Especially in youngsters could be
- Short attention span, mainly for academic work.
- Poor memory
- Difficulty in following directions
- Confusion between letters or numbers (b/d,u/n or reads “was” as “saw” or ‘12’ as ‘21’).
- Eye-hand co-ordination problems (difficulty in dressing. buttoning or tying shoe laces)
- Organization problem
- Late or immature speech development
- Late motor development
An appropriate teaching and encouragement can help to overcome difficulties and go on to bring their talent to the service of the society.
–Iti Samanta ( Teacher Incharge)